Sunday, July 11, 2010

Missing Tooth

Luke lost his first tooth on Sunday. Since it has been over 20 years since I lost my first tooth, I had forgotten what an exciting event it is for a kid. He couldn't wait for it to fall out so the tooth fairy would come. He only noticed it on Saturday and wiggled it and wiggled it, until he could push it all the way forward. So when Tyler got him from his weekend class he did the honors and yanked it out.

Pulling it out...

New toothless look...


We told him the tooth fairy wouldn't come until he was asleep, and at about 1:30 he woke me up crying. He said, "I haven't fallen asleep yet! She hasn't come yet!" So, I showed him under his pillow the dollars that the tooth fairy had left, and he laughed and went right back to sleep. Then he got out of bed at 6:00 and said "I'm not waking up, but look what the tooth fairy brought." Luckily he went right back to bed then too. But needless to say, he was very excited and we had to made a trip to the dollar store the very next day.

He looks so cute with his new smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment